Saturday, April 19, 2014

Friday, April 18...

I will have more to post later but I am at the Arboretum watching the nest that is on the cam. The cam is on...http://www.arboretum.umn.edu/ospreycam.aspx
And I have identified both birds on the nest as the same ones as last year, including our elder statesman, 79, who is 22 yrs old this year! His mate is 3S, a four year old. There is currently a big brou haha here with five ospreys flying around, chasing. One of them hit the other so hard I heard a loud thud and the bird ended up on the ground. I was preparing to rescue when it finally got up and rejoined the chase. So far the old guy is defending his territory! Welcome back old friend! Several different males have been sky dancing at the same time, to win this females heart! Love that old guy...hope they are successful this year. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment